At Shafner Law, our compassionate attorneys can help you through this traumatic time. We’re always accessible to our clients – to point you in the right direction, listen to what you need, and work to get the results you deserve.
Call us today at (303) 796-0555 to speak with an experienced car accident lawyer for free.
What to Expect After Your Accident
For accident victims, the uncertainty of what happens next is unsettling. Knowing what to expect after a car accident can help you cope with the road ahead. When you meet with one of our attorneys we will discuss the next steps in your particular case, but in general, you can expect the following.
- Getting medical help. The first priority on the scene of the accident is getting medical help for the injured.
- Gathering information. Call the police. The responding officers will interview witnesses and write up an accident report. If you are able, you should gather witness and driver contact information.
- Talking to a lawyer. When any member of your family has been severely injured in an accident, you should consult an attorney to make sure your rights are protected.
- Investigating your case. An attorney will talk with you about what happened and what injuries you are suffering from. As your attorney we will investigate the circumstances surrounding your accident and identify responsible parties.
- Negotiating with insurance companies. We take the stress out of dealing with insurance companies. As your attorney we negotiate a fair settlement of your claim or advise you to proceed to trial in your case.
- Building your case for trial. As your case progresses, we will gather more information about your accident and the parties involved through legal questionnaires, called interrogatories, and in-depth question and answer sessions, called depositions. We will discuss and prepare with you for each of these.
- Settling your case. Sometimes cases settle before trial. During our discussions along the way, we will determine what you need and want from your legal case and work our hardest to get the settlement you deserve.
- Taking your case to trial. Some cases should go to trial to get the justice you need. We will fight for you as far as your case needs to go.
Hire An Experienced Auto Accident Lawyer
At Shafner Law, we have decades of trial experience. Your case is in very capable hands. We take the time to get to know our clients and provide legal representation you can rely on.
If you or your family member is suffering from injuries sustained in an auto accident, call Shafner Law today at (303) 796-0555 for your free case consultation. We represent clients in Denver, the surrounding areas, and throughout the state of Colorado.