Ask for Referrals
Trusting your legal case to a stranger is hard. This is one of the most trying times of your life, and you want to know your case is in good hands.
- Ask your friends and family. Who helped them recover from serious injuries? What did they think about their experience with the attorney and the attorney’s staff?
- Ask your social network. We often have much wider social circles online than in person. Reach out to those connections and ask for their advice.
- Ask the internet. Read reviews online and see what past clients have said about the attorney you are considering for your case.
“There were several reasons that we chose your law firm over others that we interviewed. Perhaps one of the most important reasons was when you called me directly, on a Sunday morning to introduce yourself. You took time to explain the law as it applied to my situation in plain English, without coming across condescending.”
Ask Your Attorney the Right Questions
Once you’ve narrowed down your search, you still want to make sure that you feel comfortable with your attorney and confident in his or her abilities to give your case the attention it deserves. When you meet with your attorney don’t be afraid to ask the questions you really want answers to, such as:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases have you taken to trial?
- How many cases have you handled like mine?
- When was the last time you took a case to court?
- When was the last time you tried a jury case?
- How often will you communicate with me?
- How will you communicate with me? In person? Email? Phone?
- Do you work on a contingency basis?
- Will you be the attorney handling my case?
- What will my part be in my case?
To find out if our attorneys are the right legal representatives for you, call Shafner Law at (303) 796-0555 today for your free consultation with an experienced Denver-area attorney. We serve clients throughout the greater Denver area and the state of Colorado.