Halloween night and weekend is a great time to don your favorite costume and share some laughs with friends. However, with more partiers and pedestrians out, it is also one of the most dangerous times of the year to be on the roads. Drunk drivers only increase the danger.
Even for sober drivers, Halloween night can be a challenge. Children can dart out into the roadways unexpectedly while trick-or-treating, and teen and adult party-goers can do the same when they are more wrapped up in their revelry than where they are going.
Drunk drivers cause an average of:
- 44% of fatal car accidents
- 23% of pedestrian deaths in car accidents
- Three times as many deaths as they cause on New Year’s Eve
You can save lives this Halloween weekend by planning ahead. Become a hero, not a monster:
- Carpool to festivities with friends
- Designate the sober driver in your group
- Walk to the neighborhood party
- Plan your route on public transportation
- Use that smartphone to call a cab for a ride
Our attorneys at Shafner Law help accident victims seek the justice they deserve. Call our experienced injury lawyers today at 720-800-4715 for your free consultation if you or your loved one has been seriously injured in a motor vehicle accident. We serve clients throughout Denver and the entire state of Colorado.