Winter weather is upon us in Denver. It’s time to get prepared for those snowy, slushy conditions that make winter driving so dangerous. Take these steps to ensure you are well prepared this winter driving season.
- Replace your windshield wipers. The last thing you want to do is get out into the blowing snow and realize that your wipers aren’t cleaning your windshield. Make sure you have a clear view by replacing your wipers before you get out in the snow.
- Fill up the tank. Snow accumulation means you can be stuck on the highway for hours trying to get to or from work or school. Make sure you have a full tank of gas to keep your engine and heater running when you need it most.
- Check the windshield wiper fluid. You can quickly go through a lot of wiper fluid driving on slushy roads. Fill up your fluid reservoir to make sure your windshield remains clean and clear.
- Put on snow tires. Snow tires give your car better traction for starting, stopping, and turning. It’s time to put your winter tires on.
- Slow down. Poor weather conditions make it easy to lose control of your vehicle. Use slower speeds and keep more distance between your car and other vehicles to give yourself more reaction time.
At Shafner Law, our attorneys help the victims of car accidents seek the justice they deserve. Call our experienced accident lawyers today at 720-800-4715 for your free consultation if you or your loved one has been seriously injured. We serve clients throughout Denver and the entire state of Colorado.